1. Tell us a little about yourself.
2. How did you get started in MMA?
3. What gym(s) do you train at and what is it like training there?
I train at Fight Club Pittsburgh MMA and Team Alpha Male in Sacramento, CA. I train with amazing fighters at both places.
4. What do you feel your strengths are as a fighter? What do you feel you need to work on to be a more complete fighter?
5. You sometimes train with Urijah Faber and Team Alpha Male. How has this helped you in fighting & what have you learned from training with such top notch fighters and having Duane Ludwig as a coach?
6. You recently defeated Dominic Mazzotta in what may have been the biggest MMA fight in Pittsburgh history. What did that fight mean to you?
7. After your win at Gladiators of the Cage you brought Maddux into the cage for the post-fight interview. Tell us about him & your involvement with children like him.
Maddux is a 7 year old kid who is from the same town I'm from. I got to know Maddux and his family over the past few years. He is battling leukemia, my brother called me one day and said maybe you could help this kid out I had no idea who he was so I reached out to his family and wanted to donate my next fight ticket sales to him, is how the relationship started. I met Maddux and he instantly touched my heart. We kept in touch I would visit him when I was in town we would face-time each other he would make videos and send them to me while I was training he helped me stay driven and motivated through his everyday battle and the struggles he goes through just to live life. He has shown me a lot about live and not taking anything for granted. He has a million dollar smile seeing that on his face makes my day. We walked hand in hand he lead me to my battle March 15th its a day ill never forget seeing his smile and eyes light up as he walked in the cage after my fight makes it all worth it.
8. What are your plans for the future? When will you fight again & who will it be against?
(UPDATE: The fight Cody was referencing here is against James Porter for the Pittsburgh Challenge Series 7 event going down May 24, 2014)
9. Who are some of your role models?
I have a lot of positive influences in my life my biggest Role Model is my mother she has been through hell and back and has never lost her faith and has never given up on us children. I get my toughness from her, she showed us tough love growing up and everyday I'm thankful to have her in my life. In MMA its Urijah Faber i always been a fan of his, after reading his book a few years ago and visioning myself training with him its a dream come true when he asked me to become apart of Team Alpha Male!
10. Is there anyone you'd like to thank?
|With Team Alpha Male team-mates TJ Dillashaw (l) & Urijah Faber (r)|
|With Team Alpha Male team-mate Joseph Benavidez|
|With Team Alpha Male team-mates Chris Holdsworth (l) & TJ Dillashaw (r)|
|With Fight Club Pittsburgh team-mate Jaime Chesney|
|Face-off with Dominic Mazzotta|
|Celebrating the win with Maddix|
|With Maddux after the win over Dominic Mazzotta|