Thursday, November 1, 2012

Get To Know: Courtney (Cage Girl)



Complete Devastation Cage Girl Courtney



Cage Girls Alyssa (l) and Courtney (r)




If you attended a Complete Devastation MMA event, you probably have seen the cage girls sitting at cageside and entering the cage to announce the round and also pose for photos with the winning fighters. You've possibly seen them interact with the crowd & even toss out promotional t-shirts to help make the event entertaining. Over the past few Complete Devastation MMA events I have been lucky enough to sit close to the cage girls, and I remember Courtney being a regular cage girl as far back as Complete Devastation 3 - if not farther back. (I attended CD 2, but I don't remember much about who the cage girls were... I was having an amazing time watching an incredible event & interacting with UFC legend Dan "The Beast" Severn that night.)

Recently I had a chance To speak with Courtney to find out a little about her and how she got started as a cage girl for GoTime Promotions. 



Tell us a little about yourself.

I’m a 20 year old free spirit that comes from a large family of six sisters and two brothers. In high school I cheered for the football, basketball and wrestling teams and I was an art major.


How did you get involved with being a Cage Girl for Complete Devastation MMA?

A friend of the Gym manager asked if I would be interested in being a cage girl.


Did/do you ever get nervous entering the cage?

The first time I ever entered the cage I was very nervous but hearing the fans cheer me on helped a lot.


What are some of your best experiences being a Cage Girl?

Some of my best experiences are getting to meet and know the staff and fighters for the Complete Devastation fights. They are all welcoming and very friendly. I feel like I’m part of their team when I’m at the fights.


Who are some of your favorite fighters you've seen from being a Cage Girl?

Honestly, I can’t just pick one fighter. I think they all do a great job and put all of their hard work into each and every fight. And when they don’t win they don’t get discouraged. It just pushes them harder for the next one.


Where do you see your Cage Girl career going from here?

I’m not really sure at this point. I’ll just have to wait and see what offers come my way.



The next Complete Devastation event will be Complete Devastation 7 - on November 10th at the Blair County Convention Center in Altoona, Pa. If you see Courtney and the Cage Girls, remember to say "Hi". The Cage Girls are part of the reason Complete Devastation events are worth attending. Get your tickets from your favorite Dignan/Brumbaugh MMA Fight Team member, or by visiting http://www.completedevastationmma.com. It's going to be an amazing event - you DO NOT want to miss it! Come see Courtney and the cage girls, and watch this STACKED fight card!


SOME of the fights scheduled (fight card subject to change) are: Cody Karlheim Vs. Derek Hayes, Brett Shoenfelt Vs. Andrew Peterson, Travis Wineland Vs. Eric Noel, Jason Royer Vs. Josh Carlson, Mike Kunowsky Vs. Christian DeHaas, the first female MMA fight in the region Maggie O'Neil Vs. Courtney Kern, and in the main event - a grudge match between Charlie "The Madman" Gathers Vs. Tyler "The Daywalker" Saltsman, both fighters making their professional debut in a fight that was rescheduled after World Cagefighting Championships 5 had to be cancelled. I hear that other Dignan/Brumbaugh MMA fighters may also be fighting on this fight card, as well as a second female fight possibly in the works.

On November 10th witness COMPLETE DEVASTATION - It's GO TIME!!!



Complete Devastation 7
Complete Devastation 7 TV Ad


Me with Cage Girls Courtney & Alyssa
Courtney (l) with fighter Ryan Glunt


Courtney (r) with fighter Charlie Gathers




Courtney with fighter Brad Mountain




Complete Devastation 5 poster (featuring Cage Girl Courtney on left)


Rob Lynn with Cage Girls (Courtney on left)

Complete Devastation 7 - BE THERE!!!




Some photos taken by Rob Lynn of Rob Lynn Photography. Visit his website at RobLynn.Org for more info on purchasing his photos, or for hiring him as a photographer.