Friday, December 14, 2012

10 Questions With "Little" Patricia Vidonic



"Little" Patricia Vidonic


"Little" Patricia Vidonic is many things. A wife, a mother, and a warrior. She is an up-and-coming fighter in Women's MMA, and tonight at Bellator 84 she gets a rematch against her XFC 17 opponent - Felice "Lil Pitbull" Herrig. That fight was my first chance to see Patricia Vidonic in action. I liked her style & personally I felt she won that fight. The judges didn't agree, and Herrig was awarded the win by unanimous decision. "Little" Patricia took the chance to fight Herrig again on short notice (just 10 days) after Herrig's original opponent, Michele Gutierrez allegedly injured herself and had to pull out of the fight. (something Herrig had been calling a "fake" injury to avoid fighting her - for whatever reason) 

After her fight with Herrig at XFC 17 I began to follow Vidonic and her MMA career, She has an incredible story - and I "The Vidonic Chronicles" she posts over at ProMMAnow.com often. Tonight's fight is something I have been looking forward to for awhile, and you should definitely tune into the Bellator 84 fights tonight on MTV2. 

I have wanted to interview Vidonic for awhile, and I was lucky enough to get that chance this week. I didn't want to bother her as she was preparing for what is most likely her biggest fight to date, but she was gracious enough to spare some time for me so that this article could happen. I wish her well for the fight tonight. I would say "Good Luck" but I know it's more about hard work & preparation than 'luck' - but I hope tonight end up being a good one for Vidonic.

If you have a chance, definitely check out her blog - "Little" Patricia Vidonic is someone worth knowing, as a person and a fighter, Check out this Patricia Vidonic interview of her over at the Official XFC page prior to her original fight with Herrig

Here's 10 questions with "Little" Patricia Vidonic.


1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm "Little" Patricia, I am a 115lb Pro Female MMA fighter with a record of 7-3. I am fighting on the Main Card for Bellator 84! I am in Billings Montana and I train with my team, Team Vidonic.

2. How did you get started in MMA?

I have always been athletic, I played softball and in high school I was on the Olympic Weightlifting Team. Since I went to high school, like a million years ago, they wouldn't let me be on the wrestling team, that was the next best thing. Loved it and I love Oly lifting at the gym still!

3. What is it like having your husband be your head coach & manager for your MMA career?

It's been working great for 4 years now. I have to say, who else would have your "best" interest in mind, but your significant other? It's always been this way, we are a great team and I feel like it's an advantage.


4. What do you feel your strengths are as a fighter?

My ground game is my strength, everyone knows that. I'm working a lot on rounding myself out, it's coming along.


5. What aspects of your training do you feel you need to work on to become a more complete fighter?

I started MMA when I was 29, I never boxed, wrestled or had done any type of martial arts before all of this 4 years ago. So everything I have learned has been in that time, I want to be the best fighter I can be, so I tell myself I need to work everything.

6. You recently got signed to replace Michele Gutierrez against Felice Herrig for Bellator 84. How do feel about facing Herrig again?

Yes, I was offered a short notice (10 days) fight with Felice, being a rematch and I feel awesome about it, thanks for asking! I have been beating myself up about that fight since it happened, I know what I did wrong and I couldn't be happier to vindicate my loss in the 2nd largest promotion in the world! I am training all the time, and this is a perfect example of why.


7. Who are some of your role models?

My  #1 role model in life is my late mother. She was a kind, giving, caring person who I lost when I was 15. I hope everyday that I make her proud.

8. Women's MMA is growing in popularity (because of promotions showcasing women's MMA like Bellator, Strikeforce, XFC & Invicta) what do you think of women's MMA becoming more mainstream?

I think that women's MMA becoming mainstream is the best thing for it! We just need promotions with integrity and value. I hope to someday fight for the UFC, for now I am grateful for Bellator!


9. The UFC has signed Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate & other fighters to form a 135 pound division, what do you think of this and what are your plans for the future?

My goal is like any other fighters, to make it to the UFC, and now it's possible!

10. Is there anyone you'd like to thank?

I want to thank my fans, family and friends for your continued support! Thank you to Sensei Dan at the 4th Ave Dojo, Clint and Katie at Alternative Athletics Crossfit, my coach/husband and my teammate Ferg for sweating it out with me each and every day! Thanks to all of my sponsors ~ Training Mask ~ Polanti Watches ~ Nutrabio.com ~ Damage control Mouthguards ~ A-Anderson BailBonds ~ Black Sparrow Tattoo Club ~ Solo Graphics ~ ProMMANow.com

You can follow me on Twitter ~ @LilPatriciamma
Facebook ~ Little Patricia
Website ~ www.PatriciaVidonic.com
Check out my Vidonic Chronicles on ProMMANow.com



"Little" Patricia Vidonic
Bellator 84 debut





 


"Little" Patricia Vidonic - And It's All For This